Making that first call is tough. There are so many reasons we are told not to: “I should stand on my own two feet.” Or “Therapy is for crazy people.” Here are a handful of reasons you might want to consider seeking help:
- You are depressed but are not sure why.
- You are anxious but are not sure why.
- You are confused about where your life is going.
- Your current relationship seems to be going the same way as your previous relationship — and it’s not good.
- Your family is so in one another’s business that it is hard to know where one person begins and another ends.
- Your family is detached, and you have many unresolved questions about how you grew up.
Kalea Chapman, Psy.D.