1. 11 Misconceptions About Mindfulness Meditation. Touches upon some of the common misconceptions about mindfulness practices. Also includes a link to a recommended (and free) book about mindfulness.
2. Mindfulness: How is it Relevant to Psychotherapy. Why mindfulness can be relevant in psychotherapy — and what sorts of problems is it helpful with?
4. 11 Definitions of Mindfulness. A collection of definitions, many from scholarly and research literature. Also a couple of resources, including a link to a New York Times article: How Meditation May Change the Brain.
5. Using Mindfulness Meditation for ADHD. Touches upon some interesting points, including the one that “not all adults with ADHD benefit from medication.”
6. Mapping the Mindful Brain. For those that like a science mixed in with their meditation. Judson Brewer has done some fascinating research using fMRI scans that looks into the relationship between preoccupied thinking about oneself and happiness. Very interesting.
7. Neurons That Fire Together Wire Together. Video presentation by Rick Hanson, author of Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom, includes some well laid out and interesting information on the negativity bias of the brain and how it contributes to stress. Well worth the view.