photo by nevil zavery (creative commons) I’ve got another blog kicking around. Though it’s called LA Eastsider Depressed it’s devoted to a number of topics, much like this blog. The style is a little less wordy than here, and I’m making more of an effort toward variety — quotes, images, videos, poetry, etc. Some of the recent posts:
- Sonja Lyuborminsky: Happiness Research Very solid research on what you can do to foster happiness.
- Peter Kramer of Romanticizing Depression Terrific essay by the author of “Listening to Prozac”.
- “We’ve had a lot of trouble with Western mental healthcare workers…” Funny/sad perspective on how we treat depression, from Solomon’s talk (see below).
- Emily Dickinson on Depression Painful, but if you suffer from depression, familiar.
- I Felt a Funeral in My Brain Andrew Solomon wrote “Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression.” Here is his moving first-person account of depression.
- Two Great Graphic Novels that Deal with Depression Both highly recommended.
- Is Depression Related to Inflammation? Therese Borchard looks at some fascinating research.
- Red State Blues New York Times Op-Ed piece looks at the rate of suicides and correlates it to utilization of services in the South.
- 10 Bestselling Books on Depression